After cooking you are usually faced with a small problem – how to clean the oven? Sometimes this task is not so easy, especially if you have to deal with accumulated grease and soot.
- Mix 1/4 cup of water, 1/4 cup of salt and 3/4 cup of baking soda until it became a thick paste. Wipe the oven with a damp cloth and spread the paste over the complete surface. Leave it to act all the night and wash it in the morning. This method is most effective when the oven is not too dirty, so clean it regularly!
- You will clear the brown plaque from the window of the oven by diluting baking soda in warm water. Apply the solution over the whole place and leave it for 15 minutes. Then you’ll wipe the dirt considerably easier.
- You can also use plain vinegar. Apply a small amount of liquid on the cool surface of the oven with a damp cloth and spread it throughout the area. Leave it for some time to act. If the contaminants are small, you will be able to wipe them easy, but if they are big, you will need a brush.
- Mix vinegar with baking soda. This will help you remove already the oldest deposits on the walls of the oven. Finally, rinse with warm soapy water and it will shine again like new.
- Dilute some soap or detergent for washing dishes in hot water. Pour it into a container, moisten the walls and then put it in the oven. Run the oven at 120 degrees for 30 minutes, without opening it. Then open and allow to cool slightly. With a damp cloth, you will remove the fat without difficulty.
- Pour 1 litre of water and add a cup of vinegar in a bowl. Put it in the oven and drop it at 150 degrees for 30 minutes. Then turn it off and while it is warm and wet, wipe the walls. If it is difficult to clean, repeat the procedure with more vinegar.
- Dilute baking powder (or a combination of citric acid and baking soda) with water. Spray the oven thoroughly with this solution and wait a while. Then the heaps of dirt will break down into pieces and you will easily remove them with a wet rag.
Instead of using strong artificial agents that are unhealthy for inhalation and for the skin, try these alternatives or simply call an oven cleaning company!