Convection Oven Recipe – Stuffed Rolled Flank Steak
A great accompaniment to stuffed rolled flank steak would be penne pasta with marinara sauce.
This recipe serves 5-6
The elements for stuffed rolled flank steak are:
2 teaspoons of pink, green, or black peppercorns (or a combination)
Half a cup of parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 cup of oil-packed dried tomatoes, drained and finely chopped
beef flank steak (about 1 3/4 lb.)
Preparing the steak:
1. grind the peppercorns using a mortar and pestle. If you don’t have a mortar and pestle, you can use the bottom of a glass. The steak calls for coarsely crushed peppercorns, so don’t overdo it. Put the crushed peppercorns in a small bowl and mix them with the cheese and the tomatoes.
2. Rinse and then pat dry the flank steak. After that, you should trim off the fat -this doesn’t just make the steak healthier, it truly helps keep the meat firm, helping it retain its shape after stuffing. Put the steak flat on a board and start spreading the peppercorn-cheese-tomato combination on top of the meat. Make sure you do this uniformly. Start rolling the steak into a tight log, with the filling at the center. Use cotton string to tie the log together at two-inch intervals. Wrap the whole thing in plastic and then put it in the refrigerator for up to one day to help it set.
3. The next step in preparing stuffed rolled flank steak is browning the steak. To do this, you need to heat up a 10- to 12-inch frying pan. Make sure that you get one with an ovenproof manager. When the pan’s hot, unwrap the steak and put it in the pan, brown it uniformly on all sides. This will take about 3 to 4 minutes.
4. After browning the meat, place the pan with the steak to a convection oven set at 400 degrees. Bake the steak until the center of the meat is at 135 degrees (medium-scarce). This will take about 45 to 50 minutes. You could alter the baking time of stuffed rolled flank steak depending on how you want it done.
5. Let the steak rest for about 5 minutes in a cutting board. Remove the strings and discard them. Serve the stuffed rolled flank steak by cutting the log crosswise into half-inch-thick slices.