The Philadelphia Eagles are a comparatively healthy team 10 weeks into the 2021 season, while the New Orleans Saints have a long list of injuries to a large number of their most important players.
Here is the Eagles-Saints injury report, with examination. We’ll update as the week progresses.
|DT Fletcher Cox||Rest||DNP||complete||complete|
|TE Dallas Goedert||Concussion||DNP||Limited||complete|
|LB Davion Taylor||Knee||DNP||Limited||complete||Questionable|
|LB Shaun Bradley||Shoulder||Limited||complete||complete|
|DT Javon Hargrave||Shoulder||Limited||complete||complete|
|RT Lane Johnosn||Rest||Limited||complete||complete|
|C Jason Kelce||Rest||Limited||complete||complete|
|S Rodney McLeod||Knee||Limited||complete||complete|
|RB Jordan Howard||Ankle||complete||complete||complete|
|WR DeVonta Smith||Elbow||complete||complete||complete|
|C/G Jack Anderson||Hamstring||Limited||DNP||Out|
|DE Derek Barnett||Neck||DNP||Questionable|
*Wednesday’s practice was a walkthrough. Injury classifications were projections.
• Wednesday: Goedert’s injury is the most important one to watch as the week progresses, and Taylor’s projected DNP is worth monitoring in addition.
• Thursday: Goedert being a limited participant is a good sign for the likelihood that he’ll pass the concussion protocol in time for the game on Sunday. Additionally, Taylor being upgraded to limited, and the rest of the limited guys on Wednesday being complete participants on Thursday is good for the Birds. #examination.
• Friday: Derek Barnett was a late-week addition to the injury report, and honestly, the Eagles could probably use a break from his untimely penalties. Taylor’s complete practice is a good sign he’s good to go. Also, the bet here is that Miles Sanders will be activated from IR on Saturday.
MORE: Eagles sign TE Dallas Goedert to four-year contract extension | Week 11 NFL picks: Rounding up the experts’ predictions for Eagles vs. Saints
Injured save, 21-day window activated
• RB Miles Sanders (IR-DFR): We covered Sanders’ activation here.
Notable players on IR, PUP, suspension, etc.
• DE Brandon Graham (IR): Graham’s season is over with a ruptured Achilles. On the field, Graham was arguably the Eagles’ best defensive player in 2020. It’s clear since his loss that the Eagles miss his contributions as a pass rusher and run stopper, and the Eagles have not been able to adequately replace him. Off the field, Graham has unlimited energy and positivity, and he is a player that you just want to have around if you’re a head coach in the NFL.
• RG Brandon Brooks (IR): Brooks suffered a pectoral injury against the 49ers. It’s “only” a pec strain, as opposed to a tear, so while he’ll likely miss time (about 8 weeks, per Lane Johnson) on injured save, it’s not a season-ending injury. Brooks got hurt Week 2, so Week 10 was 8 weeks. Nick Sirianni has been asked multiple times about Brooks’ possible return, but no useful information has been given.
• LG Isaac Seumalo (IR): Seumalo was carted off the field in the Eagles’ loss to the Cowboys. His season is over after having surgery for a Lisfranc injury.
|OT Terron Armstead||Knee/shoulder||DNP||DNP||DNP||Out|
|OT Ryan Ramczyk||Knee||DNP||DNP||DNP||Out|
|QB Taysom Hill||Foot||DNP||DNP||Limited||Out|
|DE Tanoh Kpassagnon||Ankle||DNP||DNP||DNP||Out|
|DT Malcolm Roach||Knee||DNP||DNP||DNP||Out|
|WR Ty Montgomery||Hand||DNP||DNP||DNP||Out|
|RB Alvin Kamara||Knee||Limited||DNP||DNP||Out|
The Saints will be without their best player (Alvin Kamara), their starting quarterback (Jameis Winston), their best wide receiver (Michael Thomas), their elite offensive tackle duo (Terron Armstead and Ryan Ramczyk), and their starting LG (Andrus Peat).
MORE: Recap: Eagles chat with Jimmy Kempski | Week 11 NFL picks
Notable players on IR, PUP, suspension, etc.
• QB Jameis Winston: Winston’s season is over with a torn ACL. While not an ideal starter, Winston nevertheless gave the Saints a better chance of winning games than backup Trevor Siemian.
• WR Michael Thomas: In his first four seasons, Thomas had 470 catches for 5512 yards and 32 TDs. He had an injury-marred fifth season in 2020, which has carried over into 2021. Thomas was expected to return this year, but a setback to his recovery from offseason ankle surgery ended his season.
• LG Andrus Peat: Starting LG. Torn pec. Done for the season.
• DB Chauncey Gardner-Johnson: Versatile pest of a player who went on IR earlier this week.
• K Wil Lutz: Career 86.6 percent kicker who has not however played this season. In Lutz absence, the Saints have had three different kickers this season — Aldrick Rosas, Cody Parkey, and currently, Brian Johnson.
• DE Payton Turner: Turner was the Saints’ 2021 first-round pick. He has 12 tackles and 1 sack in 5 games this season.
• RB Tony Jones, Jr.: 19 rushes this season, 77 yards. Only noteworthy because Kamara may not be obtainable.
Follow Jimmy & PhillyVoice on Twitter: @JimmyKempski | thePhillyVoice
Like us on Facebook: PhillyVoice Sports
Add Jimmy’s RSS satisfy to your satisfy reader
Click: See details