How a Car Accident Lawyer Can Help – 8 Dos and Don’ts For Car Accident…
Statistics show that most Americans will be in at the minimum one car accident during their lifetime, and car accidents are also the leading cause of death for people 34 years old and younger. These facts can be credited to a lot of things: drunk driving, cell phone use while behind the wheel, failure to use seatbelts. in any case the reasons, the fact remains that you yourself may be involved in a auto accident when you least expect it.
With this in mind, here are 8 important Dos and Don’ts for auto accident victims. These tips can help guide you should you be involved in an auto accident and might be thinking of hiring a car accident lawyer.
4 Dos for Car Accident Victims
1. Seek medical treatment after the accident if you are injured. Adrenaline or shock might make you feel like you’re just fine, but you nevertheless need a doctor to confirm that you’re okay. If you’re not feeling well, describe to your physician the injuries you have. Don’t embellish. Just make sure you completely relate what you’ve been by and where you need help.
2. If asked by your doctor to come back for a recheck, do so. Again, you might feel like you’re already okay, but. It’s best to follow doctor’s orders
3. Have all your medical bills billed to your health insurance company. The at-fault insurance company will ultimately pay the bills but that doesn’t happen until the case is settled. In the meantime, your health insurance company will manager your medical bills.
4. Take pictures that show any character damage your means has due to the accident. It’s good practice to have visual evidence of the damage for documentation purposes.
4 Don’ts for Car Accident Victims
1. Don’t give a recorded statement of what happened to anyone without first consulting with a car accident lawyer. This is only to make sure you don’t say anything that might negatively affect your case should you decide to pursue a claim.
2. Don’t sign authorizations for the release of your medical records. Again, without proper legal advice from an expert car accident lawyer, signing anything is never a good idea. Before you give anybody authorization to do anything, make sure you completely understand your rights.
3. However tempting, don’t post anything about the accident or your injuries on any social networking sites. Under no circumstances tweet or post on Facebook about how you were in a car accident, unless you get prior approval from a car accident lawyer. Try not to proportion any accident information with anyone.
4. Don’t write about the accident, your injuries, or medical treatment in your diary or journal. Again, don’t create any written or recorded account of your experience without consulting with a car accident lawyer. This is not because you’re thinking of filing a lawsuit, but just to make sure you don’t do anything that might sabotage your claim in case you do decide you want to file one.
Unfortunately, auto accidents are a fact of life for Americans. Nobody wants to be involved in one, but the fact nevertheless remains that the more you know, the better decisions you can make. Consulting with a car accident lawyer is just one way of making sure you have all the information you need.