How To Repair Solar Lights

How To Repair Solar Lights




Each outdoor solar light that you buy is made with a little photovoltaic panel. This is what will soak up the rays from the sun and generate it into electricity. All of the strength that is collected is stored within a small battery bank. Over time we might notice that the light has stopped working. There are ways that you can check to see what the problem might be and how to repair it.

Remove any screws that are located underneath the solar light. Also remove the screws and the glass surrounding the light. This would be a great time for you to clean off the glass using a kind of glass cleaner or warm, soapy water.

Find the batteries underneath the panel on the top of the unit. You might have to unscrew the cover to get to it. Wipe down the ends of the battery and the terminals. If there is any corrosion or rust you can remove it using sandpaper. Also clean out any dirt or bugs inside of it.

Use a battery tester to make sure that the batteries are nevertheless working. You can also use a volt meter on the lowest DC setting. If the batteries are OK than you know this is not the problem. The next place to look is the photocell that controls the on and off switch to the light.

Remove the pre-existing batteries and replace them with new ones if they were almost out. Place the solar light in an area that receives sunlight all day. Leave it there for two or three days in order to charge up the batteries.

Put duct tape or electrical tape over the photocell during the night. If the light is nevertheless coming on than it might be because it is too close to some other light source. Take away that light source and slightly remove the tape.

Solar lights should work for many years if you keep them clean and well maintained. This makes solar lights an excellent choice for any outdoor lighting need. Not only are solar lights a way to inexpensively add outdoor lighting, but they are easy to install and much safer than traditional options. Solar LED options give off much less heat, so they aren’t likely to cause any fire hazards. Not only that, but since they don’t require electricity, they can be placed in areas where lighting is needed, but no electrical outlet is obtainable.




leave your comment

Top